- In a blender, combine the garlic with the scallions, thyme, black pepper, chilies, onion, bell pepper,
orange and lime juices, coffee beans and 2 teaspoons of salt, and puree.
- Transfer to a resealable plastic bag Add the pork shoulder cubes to the bag and turn to coat.
Refrigerate the pork overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Remove the pork from the marinade and transfer to a Dutch oven or
covered casserole dish. Add the water and bring to a boil. Reserve the marinade.
- Cover and braise the pork in the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes, stirring the cubes a few times, until
tender; transfer them to a bowl.
- Boil the braising liquid until reduced to 1 cup (approx. 10 minutes). Strain into a saucepan and boil until
reduced to 1/2 cup (approx. 8 minutes). Add the marinade and boil for 1 minute.
- Lightly season the pork with salt and add the reduced sauce. Stir well. In a nonstick skillet, heat the
vegetable oil. Add the pork and cook over medium-high heat until the cubes are browned and glazed, about 2 minutes per side, then serve.